Established in 2011, Samsung SDS Smart Logistics (part of the Korean multinational Samsung Group) is one of the fastest growing logistics service providers in the world and specializes in innovative logistics services by developing and applying optimized solutions and providing SCM consultancy to customers based on their own Cello platform. The company is active worldwide in 40 countries employing more than 4.500 logistics experts.
Purpose of the job
Key activities in this role include:
- Initiate requests for quotations in order to invite logistics service providers into the bidding process of renewals and new contracts;
- Determine preferred quotations and drive the decision making process of senior management by analyzing and comparing service and cost levels;
- Review and report the service and cost level of the LSP in order to determine and drive performance at the optimum level;
- Work on business simulations to find optimal solutions that meet the requirements of the customer (internal Samsung);
- Actively search for benchmarks and information of logistics services and costs and gather information about trends and innovations in cross-industry platforms;
- Interact with internal stakeholders like logistics managers in European sales subsidiaries and senior management for Samsung SDS.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A Bachelor/Master degree preferebaly in Logistics, Suplly Chain Management or Business Management.
- 0-5 years working experience in a relevant role;
- Supply chain management or/and Logistics experience preferable
- Self-starting capabilities and stakeholder management skills
- A proficient level of English;
- German language is plus but not mandatory;
- Very good MS Office skills (mainly Excel);
- Experience with ERP system;
- Ability to travel;
Your compentences include:
- Extensive experience in logistics or/and procurement and strong result driven mindset;
- Strong communication, persuasion, negotiation and analytical skills;
- Flexible problem-solver with a strong hands-on mentality;
- Conceptual thinker with the perseverance to finish what you start;
- Knows how to manage stakeholders;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
Outstanding secondary benefits, for instance a fully paid health care insurance and fitness subscription at selected suppliers.
Come join us!
If this role matches your profile please send your CV and motivation letter to Sieta Soltanie: firstname.lastname@example.org