Established in 2012, Samsung SDS Smart Logistics (part of the Korean multinational Samsung Group) is one of the fastest growing logistics service providers in the world and specializes in innovative logistics services by developing and applying optimized solutions and providing SCM consultancy to customers based on their own Cello platform. The company is active worldwide in 40 countries employing more than 4.500 logistics experts.
Purpose of the job
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
For this role at our warehouses in Tilburg and Breda we’re looking for a logistics engineer that analyzes current operational warehouse processes and suggests, specifies, and implements innovative logistics solutions in order to improve operational efficiency, operational quality and reduce costs. Furthermore, in the role you will support implementation of new processes and customer requests.
The logistics engineer is part of the Innovation & Projects and stock Control team located in Tilburg. The team is a mix of IT specialists, logistics engineers and operational support functions.
Key activities of the logistics engineer are:
Improve warehouse processes and systems
- Translate client or business needs into system requirements and operational processes.
- Identify and suggest improvements of the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Set up process descriptions and functional specifications for development and configuration.
- Create test plans, execute tests and hand-over deliverables to operation and monitor impact.
- Manage change towards multiple relevant stakeholders (e.g. client, operations, IT, transport, and stock control).
- Be the subject matter expert for multiple warehouses and/or clients.
- Describe and analyze the current situation and design and the desired situation including an implementation plan.
- Project management related to optimization of warehouse processes and system changes.
- Manage implementation changes in product portfolio.
- Create business cases and calculate (expected) Return on Investment of improvement initiatives.
We are looking for a logistics engineer with:
- A Bachelor/Master degree in Logistics/SCM.
- Project Coordination/Management skills.
- 1-5 years working experience in warehousing/ engineering role.
- A proficient level of English.
- Experience with WMS system.
- Travelling between warehouses may be required (Tilburg and Breda).
Outstanding secondary benefits, for instance a fully paid health care insurance and fitness subscription at Basic Fit.
Come join us!
If this role matches your profile please apply via our career page and upload your CV with salary expectations.